Monday, January 24, 2011

Raking Snow Off a Flat Roof

I received the following email a
few days ago:


I read your page on removing
snow from a roof. I have a garage
with a flat roof, and i don't think
the traditional rakes will allow me
to get the snow from the ground.

At 63, I'm unwilling to get up on a
ladder. Do you know of a rake that
has a bend in it so its usable from
the ground on a flat roof? Thanks
so much.


I do not know of a rake with a bend
in it. Even if I did know of such
a rake, I'm not sure whether it would
work well or not.

A big problem when raking snow is being
able to see. If you cannot see what
you are doing, it is very hard to do
a good job.

Perhaps someone who knows better than
I will post a comment below that will
help you with your problem.

Ed Abbott

2 comments:

  1. Ad the two curved sections in this kit, and you might get enough angle to manage your flat roof.
    Garant GPRR24A 2 Angled Roof Rake Attachment for Rake #GPRR24

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lucky Pierre. I think you have suggested something that might work. This
    appears to me to be the Garant website:

    Garant

    This appears to be the specific product that
    you mention:


    Yukon GPRR24A
    Two angle attachments
    for the roof rake


    Of course, I've never tried this myself. However, the suggestion is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete